Welcome

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been. You've been in the pipeline, filling in time, Provided with toys and scouting for boys. You bought a guitar to punish your ma, And you didn't like school, And you know you're nobody's fool, So welcome to the machine.

Friday, October 13, 2006

My room in Turkey

I am in Turkey today. Here for official work and I'm staying at the Çinar Hotel Istanbul.

As you can guess from the text above, I'm a bit tired. Flew from Karachi at 0300 (and I left home around 2330 to be there by 0000). The flight time is 5 hours and 40 minutes. Since Turkey is 2 hours behind Pakistan, I got here by 0640 local time. After going through passport control and customs, I took a cab (who ranted all the way to the hotel for God knows what - I can imagine that the trip being small didn't get him enough fare).

Checked into the hotel and here's a pic of my room.

Çinar Hotel Istanbul - Room 58

The room doesn't give much to talk about. However, the view is to die for. I'm sure you'll be expecting pictures. Low quality yet again, since they're all taken from the cell phone cam. Will post pictures from a good camera soon.

View of the sea

View of the sea

A porthole-ish window outside the bathroom

No comments: